Monday, September 28, 2009

Dress Progress


Well, here is my dress. It is still just a pile of cut out fabric- but it used to be a pile of uncut fabric. I am using this yellow, flowery print (which is the same print, but different color, as Bin's). The yellow will be an overdress and the dress will be the white fabric, shown below made into a bolero for Bin's dress. I am using the current Simplicity Regency dress pattern. The color on the yellow is better here then it was on the last blog post, where it looks like a very bright gold. This is much closer to actual color. Though the purple fabric next to it is not at all accurate colorwise.
Here is Bin's dress. Isn't it cute. For some reason, try as I might, I cannot make the color in the picture match the color it actually is. It is a very standard purple- not light purple, not dark purple- just purple. I tried different lighting, different angles, different cameras, different f-stops and exposure times and it always came out as too blue.
Here you see the beautiful cupcake sash and collar more clearly. This is a dress for a preschooler, and cupcakes make her happy, while even sorta pretending to be historically accurate does not.
This pic shows the bolero that I made in case it is cold (hey, there are one of two cold days out here, so it is possible, if not extremely unlikely). The bolero is the same fabric that my underdress will be. This color is closest to the real color, but still not quite right.

I think that it will look much more clear that the dress is regency when I add the bonnet (which I have no doubt Bin will steadfastly refuse to wear). I am being lazy and ordering it online. If I had leftover matching fabric, I might have tried to make it myself, but the fabric was on clearance and there was just enough for the dress. I am going to get it on ebay (see link- aren't they beautiful looking!).

No comments:

Post a Comment